Friday 13 November 2015

Poem : The Vulture



The Ugly vulture flaps and hops,
Pecks at scraps and walks and stops,
Flies to a tree and looks around
For rotting rubbish on the ground.

He likes dead things and he pecks them clean
He's horribly ugly, dull and mean
Hunchy shoulders, old bold head,
He'd like me better if I were dead!

But look at him in the high blue sky
Round and round you see him fly.
Higher and higher he turns and swings,
Climbing the air with unmoving wings.

Vulture is a big bird that lives in the bush especially in the desert were there is many dead animals.

8 comments:

  1. This is one poem I will never forget I remember in primary 5 where I boy demonstrated the poem it was so interesting this was about 21 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem will forever be gold to me... Over 20 years and I still remember like I was taught yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite primary school poem. I would never forget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It's still stuck in my head over 30 years ago. My best poem ever!

      Delete
  4. Mehn... This poem is still stuck in my head from 20 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a poem I can not forget. I can still recite it from beginning to the end for my children after 32 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poem is a hegemonic view of one whose definition of ugliness is one-sided. It's high time its trashed to the dumps to be pecked by vultures as it spells doom to our featherly-friend, our faculty cleaners, naturally made to be natures clean up crew...Izu Kings

    ReplyDelete